Monday, January 2, 2012

riding music.

Ok...
that can be read a few ways, and I'll let you worry about that.  For me (for now) it's about two wheels. What does a riding song have to be like?  What do want it to achieve?

First day back in the saddle;
Frankly I want it to kick my ass....Ok so take this song 'Heart Attack America' by the Bronx; I love this song, it's so balls out that... well you get the picture. I'm thinking a nice down hill rip on a MTB or a tear along a particularly tight road, sport bike, knee down, wheelie out of the corner...maybe a motard...don't care; fast, crazy, outta hand, against the law.

But the epic ride, oh buddy;
oh oh oh ha ha heee he he....epic...damn these guys can play, I hadn't seen this live vid yet, it's shorter then the album version but wow...I saw these guys live and they are probably just like this all the time, note to note perfect.  Neil Peart digs these guys and you can see why.
Alright you and your ADD...get back on topic. This is for a ride that is a little longer.  Maybe a twisty road just short of full warp factor 8, you now where you are actually looking around as opposed to just looking through the next corner. Sooth pavement, flowing from turn to turn slowly amping up to a crescendo and coasting down to the pub as the song ends....summer at about 8 pm after a long day.  A patio, a lake and a bench to race on.

Amp it up now...we're just getting going;

If this song doesn't make you drive faster you have stones in your butt.  That's right....rocks, and god forbid you are on a proper sport bike that will try to eat you (think '99 R1). All bent in half and flexed up like some WWE star.  This song is like a blunt trauma to your head...

Pounding, cranking...fighting till the end;
Ok...sorry about the video but this band is a little out of the past, sorta pre-internet (remember that?) so the footage is really at odds with the song.  I love this song for 'beating myself up.'  The last few miles,  tired, worn and ready for a shower...not at all like the ending above, after this kind of ride I want to sleep, or hide by myself, or lie on the sofa and stare at the cracks in the ceiling.  Spent, done, down for the count.  Try jumping jacks on tempo for this whole song....you'll kinda get what I mean.

There, you feel that? Should I go on? Oh I could keep going but it's kinda pointless as you can kinda see where I am off to with this....sorry no Jazz, Hip-Hop, classical, folk, whatever, I am sure there is a ride and a road for all of that, but that is for another day and another useless ramble.

Ok January, piss off...I wanna go for a ride.

4M

No comments:

Post a Comment